Orthodontist Frisco TX
A native Texan, Dr. Evan Wilson attended the University of Texas at Austin, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology. He then earned his Doctor of Dental Science degree from T.A.M.U.S. Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, where he graduated second in his class.
Dr. Wilson continued his studies at T.A.M.U.S. Baylor College of Dentistry, earning a Master’s degree in Orthodontics and graduating at the top of his class. Baylor’s orthodontic program is one of the top orthodontic programs in the United States, with only five students from the entire country being selected for Dr. Wilson’s class.
Why choose an orthodontist ?
Not every dentist is qualified to be an orthodontist, even though every orthodontist starts as a dentist. Dr. Wilson, like all orthodontists, continued her education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. She has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth, as have all orthodontists. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the necessary treatment plan for you.
Why seeing your Frisco Orthodontist matters
Dentists receive basic orthodontic training so they can perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who don’t need to see an orthodontist yet. Specialists, on the other hand, receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic issues.
Seeing a specialist like your orthodontist in Frisco may change your braces experience by:
- Providing more treatment options, with a variety of braces or therapies to choose from
- Having personal experience treating multiple cases that are similar to your unique concerns and anatomical characteristics.
- More efficient treatment and visits, because it’s the office’s main focus.
- Knowing that you’ll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have worse than usual bite discrepancies that need to be dealt with
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
While you may think it’s easier to have your orthodontic work done by your dentist, convenience shouldn’t be a barrier to seeing a specialist. You will only be stopping by your our office every six to eight weeks.
And don’t let price be a problem either! Wilson Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Frisco area.
Testimonials from Frisco orthodontist patients
Fantastic experience! All 3 of my girls had braced with Wilson Orthodontics and we have been very happy. Highly recommend them!
Dr. Wilson and his staff are amazing. They are caring, thoughtful and all want the best for every patient.